Subject: Re: OT: China Syndrome
To: Glendon Gross <gross@xinetd.com>
From: Shannon <shannon@widomaker.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/01/2002 17:27:17
On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 10:42:23AM -0800, Glendon Gross wrote:

> I'll never forget the time I opened up a 386 PC that was on location
> at a used car lot in Marina, California.  The case was so full of
> dust that you couldn't even see the motherboard.
>
> I didn't know that Sun boxes got this bad, but I suppose it makes sense
> as long as exhaust cooling is used.

The problem with a Sun or any pizza box system is gravity tends to
deposit the passing dust right on the motherboard.  However, unless
it gets really bad, I don't usually have problems.

Next time you clean out the dust, think about this: I read one day
that something like 70-90% of dust in buildings is human dander. Ick.

--
______________________/ armchairrocketscientistgraffitiexenstentialist