Subject: Re: Need an ethernet board...
To: Michael J. Miller Jr. <mke@turbolift.com>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@sdf.lonestar.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/01/2002 17:26:20
On Fri, 1 Feb 2002, Michael J. Miller Jr. wrote:

> When I worked at Sun as a contractor in the early 90's they did this to all
> their internal machines as well.  Rumors ran rampant that a lot of people
> were taking the old systems home instead of turning them in because of
> this.  At the time Sun didn't do much in the way of property tracking, so
> it was easy for people to get away with.
>
> I suspect a fair number of the older systems still floating around out
> there came from Sun originally.

Pardon my asking, but what does this accomplish? Why not just smash the
hard drive? Doesn't make sense...

Seems similar to the stories about the federal government driving jeeps
off the end of a ship out in the middle of the ocean to get rid of them
after WWII. For what? Surplus them to the public... I never understood
this kind of stuff.

Andy

acruhl@sdf.lonestar.org