Subject: Re: OT: China Syndrome
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Basterfield <list@lostgeneration.freeserve.co.uk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/01/2002 08:58:11
On Fri, 1 Feb 2002 19:39:02 +1100 (EST)
Darren Reed <darrenr@reed.wattle.id.au> wrote:

> > One thing about Sun boxes, is that they do seem to suck in dust,
> > especially Sun3. About once a year I blow out the inside of my Sun3
> > and sparc boxes with compressed air.
>
> I think this is true of any computer that you run 24x7.

My PC has a cool full tower case - made in the 80s and originally housing
a 386 (now spraypainted green). It has a huge 6" fan at the front by the
floor - every 6 months it starts to crash as the processor fan has turned
into a furball. It keeps the carpet clean though.

Unfortunately if you fit AGP gfx the card is upside down (with the chips
on the bottom) - I used to have a TNT2 complete with fan but it didn't
stop it dying of heat-stroke. I hope the new one lasts a bit longer.

PCs suck. I like my sparc.

"Your computer may be faster than mine, but if mine fell on yours it would
squash it flat"