Subject: Re: nvram
To: Linc Fessenden <linc@thelinuxlink.net>
From: Don Yuniskis <auryn@GCI-Net.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/31/2002 12:17:48
----- Original Message -----
From: Linc Fessenden <linc@thelinuxlink.net>
To: <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2002 1:52 PM
Subject: nvram

> What's the best place to get a nvram for an IPC anymore?

If you are in the US (unclear from your reply address), you could try Mouser
Electronics (located in TX, I believe).  I can dig up a phone if necessary.
But, they will be pricey.  ($12 - $20 range)

If you feel like spending 15 minutes with an Xacto knife and a soldering
iron, you can "glue" a new battery onto the existing NVRAM.  I did this for
several IPC's... actually just sodered a 2pin connector on the NVRAM and
then slapped a 3.6V battery pack in the case with a piece of velcro.
When/if the battery dies, I'll just pull it off and slap on a new one...
 a friend gave me a few *gross* of AAA 3.6V NiMH battery packs... amazing
how useful they are!  :>)

Write for more information...
--don