Subject: Re: clisp won't build...
To: Paul NCC/CS <pts@bom.gov.au>
From: Alistair Crooks <agc@pkgsrc.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/30/2002 11:26:52
On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 09:34:27AM +0300, Valeriy E. Ushakov wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 17:12:20 -1000, Paul NCC/CS wrote:
>
> > Now, ulimit? How do I increase this? Where do I?
> > This is something I need to learn so I intend to do
> > some reading on it, but could you or anyone point
> > me at information on how to increase this value
> > please?
>
> This depends on your shell.  csh(1) has 'limit' command, sh(1) has
> 'ulimit'.  E.g.  here are sample commands for bash:
>
> <uwe@krups:~> (1032) ulimit -S -s		# soft limit on stack size
> 512
> <uwe@krups:~> (1033) ulimit -H -s		# hard limit
> 262144
> <uwe@krups:~> (1034) ulimit -s 8192		# set soft limit
> <uwe@krups:~> (1035) ulimit -s			# verify (-S is default)
> 8192
>
> See your shell's manual for details on its limit/ulimit command.
> See getrlimit(2) for further details.

If the clisp was being built from pkgsrc, then please let us know.
Matthias Scheler recently introduced some definitions which we
use to unlimit specific resources during a package's build:

[10:15:02] agc@fs0 /usr/pkgsrc 4 > grep UNLIMIT_RESOURCES */*/Make*
emulators/xmame/Makefile:UNLIMIT_RESOURCES=     datasize
emulators/xmess/Makefile:UNLIMIT_RESOURCES=     datasize
graphics/imlib/Makefile:UNLIMIT_RESOURCES=      datasize
x11/kdelibs2/Makefile:UNLIMIT_RESOURCES=        datasize
[10:18:58] agc@fs0 /usr/pkgsrc 5 >

and the stacksize can be unlimited in a similar way, just by
using one definition.

If you are using pkgsrc, please let us know, so that we can
add the appropriate definitions to the package Makefile.

Regards,
Alistair