Subject: Re: NEW_PIPE problems with -current on sparc: ... are gone!
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Markus W Kilbinger <kilbi@rad.rwth-aachen.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/27/2002 09:48:22
On Sat, Jan 26, 2002 at 12:24:56AM +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> Cool, I'll have to try on my IPX too. Also, with this change I don't
> get the random core dumps on my IPC any more (I've been able to make
> it build a kernel, where it would get a core dump from ccp or cc1
> after about 50 files compiled :)

> I spoke too soon. I started another kernel compile, and got a signal
> 10 :(

... and I turned on softdep on my ipx:

  cd / && tar --unlink -xvzpf base.tgz

still hangs up my ipx (no panic, simply no more reaction to any input
and some kind of periodic harddisk activity) _and_ finally disrupts
some files, /usr/libexec/ld.so* in this case :-(.

So, recent pmap/sparc4c changes made things better (at least NEW_PIPE
work), but not completely good.

Markus.