Subject: re: NetBSD 1.5.2 on IPX boot problems...
To: William Barnett-Lewis <wlewis@mailbag.com>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/25/2002 14:08:49
   > cpu0 at mainbus0: cache chip bug; trap page uncached: CY7C601 @ 40 MHz, TMS390C602A FPU

   That's the one. Bad cache chip that will not play nice with Weitek +
   NetBSD. Kernal panics every time. Took me forever to track down why and
   it didn't help that Mr. OpenBSD didn't believe me because his IPX worked
   right...

hmm, all my ss2's and my ipx have this cache bug... or so i recall,
and they worked.

   > >There should be more in the archive around April - May ish of 2001 from
   > >my tribulations. I since moved onto a Sun Blade 100.
   >
   > Do you have NetBSD running on the Sun Blade 100?

   Not supported yet and I honestly don't have time to hack on the USB
   support. When there is a snapshot that looks good I'll probably add a
   disk and start bashing on it. Even then I'm more likely to try to get X
   working on my Vaxstation 4000 instead.

netbsd runs on the sb100.