Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.5.2 on IPX boot problems...
To: William Barnett-Lewis <wlewis@mailbag.com>
From: Rick Kelly <rmk@toad.rmkhome.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/24/2002 20:09:06
William Barnett-Lewis said:

>That's the one. Bad cache chip that will not play nice with Weitek +
>NetBSD. Kernal panics every time. Took me forever to track down why and
>it didn't help that Mr. OpenBSD didn't believe me because his IPX worked
>right...

Interesting. I have 3 IPX boxes and a SS2. One of the IPX boxes is running
Solaris 2.6 and sees service as a NFS server, the SS2 and one of the IPX boxes,
both running NetBSD, seem to have the cache problem. The remaining IPX needs
a new IDPROM, and I will check that box when I replace the chip.

--
Rick Kelly  rmk@rmkhome.com  www.rmkhome.com