Subject: Re: ESP SCSI controller errors?
To: john heasley <heas@shrubbery.net>
From: Andrey Petrov <and@genesyslab.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/24/2002 13:21:52
On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 09:36:25PM -0800, john heasley wrote:
> same here (with either the sbus hme/fas (sparc or ultra) or built-in ultra
> FAS366 packages).  as far as i can tell, the controller starts off doing
> tagged-queuing, this error occurs, tagged-queuing is disabled and it never
> recurs.

Hey John,

Why do you think that tagged-queuing didn't recur? It's interesting because
after reset I'd expect it goes full circle again and it should try.
Well I definitely need a fresh look on driver, it's been a while.
So it seems that if it doesn't do negotiation after reset it should be
fixed and then the problem should be seen more reliably.

I'll check that, thank's for the hint.

> i've havent been able to figure out what is happening in the driver, but
> it seems possible to reproduce it by having two drives on u2 scisbus0,
> reboot, then cp /netbsd /sd1; as in the two cases below.

Regards,
	Andrey