Subject: Re: Magma 2+1HS Sp: success!
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon@widomaker.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/21/2002 16:49:14
On Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 03:06:35AM -0500, der Mouse wrote:
> My Magma 2+1HS Sp now works, at least for smoke-test values of "works".
> One serial port talks to itself with a loopback connector (pins 2 and 3
> connected) and it talks to another machine at 9600 (so it doesn't have
> the baudrate out by a factor of 20:25 or any such).  I haven't tried
> the other serial port, but don't expect any problems.

Do you expect this board to be able to handle at least 115Kbps?  I had
always heard these cards and some others can go reasonably fast, but
never bought one because of what I heard about the drivers.

I've been looking for a solution to using a 56K modem on my old Sun
for awhile now.

I have a Sun serial board, but have no idea what kind of speeds it can
handle.  Do you know anything about them?

--
UNIX/Perl/C/Pizza__________________________________shannon@widomaker.com