Subject: SS4/NetBSD 1.5.2 fails to compile qt (Known issue?)
To: None <Port-Sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Daniel Seagraves <dseagrav@sakura.lunar-tokyo.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/21/2002 05:37:19
I get the following failure while compiling qt on my SS4.  I just
installed NetBSD 1.5.2 on it via FTP.  (And I have a modem.  This was no
small feat! ^_^)

-----

fuu:/usr/local/qt# make
cd src/moc; make
rm -f bin/moc
cp src/moc/moc bin/moc
make -f src-mt.mk
(not building threaded Qt)
cd src; make
cd tools; make
make designer
if [ -d designer ]; then cd designer ; make; fi
make util
if [ -d util ]; then cd util ; make; fi
make uic
if [ -d uic ]; then cd uic ; make; fi
make designer
if [ -d designer ]; then cd designer ; make; fi
/usr/local/qt/bin/uic listboxeditor.ui -o ./listboxeditor.h
/usr/local/qt/lib/libqt.so: Undefined symbol "" (reloc type = 12, symnum =
2)
*** Error code 1

(Snip several repeats of Stop. and *** Error code 1)

-----

According to searches on Google, this has happened before and to various
software packages besides qt.  Was a solution ever found for this?  There
is no easy way to search the list archive on netbsd.org so I can't
feasably find out on my own, so I have to pester the list.  Speaking of
which, I am not subscribed to the list yet (Waiting for list manager
approval), so you will have to cc your response to me or send it direct.

Thanks!