Subject: Re: Alignment error
To: None <gul_khan_99@yahoo.com, port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: None <eeh@netbsd.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/16/2002 16:31:50
| As you know that I have mailed couple of mails on this
| mailing list and I am very thankful to your response
| and help.
| Now I have installed netbsd on my ultra sparc64 and I
| boot it by the following command
| boot disk3:a netbsd -bs
|
| Netbsd is booting fine and no error is generating but
| the following error is generated after booting root
| device and not entered into single user mode.
|
| "Alignment error:dsfsr=00000000:00800001
| dsfar=0:deadcob3, 1sfsr=00000000:00000000 pc=0x129f18
| (core dump err=30)"
|
| Any body has idea about the above error? and how to
| solve it.

It really helps if you provide some context surrounding the
problem, such as what version of things you have installed,
any messages surrounding this, etc.  (Mmmmm.  Mind reading....)

Something, probably init, is doing an unaligned memory access.
(Hm.  Something's funny here because `deadcob3' is not a valid
hex number.)

I'd suggest you make sure that your kernel and userland match.
32-bit kernels need 32-bit userland, 64-bit kernels need 64-bit
userland.  And you just cannot boot at all from a solaris userland.
You need a properly set up emulation tree for that.

Eduardo