Subject: Re: Sidplay on an IPC
To: Linc Fessenden <linc@thelinuxlink.net>
From: Tim Franklin <tim@pelican.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/15/2002 14:27:54
On Tuesday 15 January 2002  2:02 pm, you wrote:

> What the hell does the rate setting on mpg123 have to do with an encodi=
ng
> error with sidplay?  Mpg123 works fine on this machine - did you even r=
ead
> my post?

The FAQ entry tells you that only 8KHz mono samples are supported on some=
=20
classes of machine, including possibly yours.  'Encoding not supported' c=
ould=20
quite conceivably mean 'I asked for 16KHz stereo and the audio driver gav=
e me=20
an error' - try looking at the options for sidplay and see if it has samp=
le=20
rate / mono options that do the same things as the ones suggested for mpg=
123.

Regards,
Tim.