Subject: named keeps dying
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Daryl Williams <daryl@weblane.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/31/2001 17:44:17
hello all. i am new to this list, having just installed netbsd-1.5.2
on my old sparcstation2, whose main purpose will be as a gateway/firewall
for a small home network. it's been fun putting a bsd os on the old
box. and i was both pleased and impressed with the ease of the network
installation.

however i am having a problem wherein named dies perodically
with no hint as to why. at least not to syslog. it runs fine up until
the time it dies. the time interval appears to be random. i have been
trying to find a trace or truss command or some such, to try running
named under to get a better idea of whats going on, however i cant find
a system call tracing program. guess my bsd has gotten rusty.
so any hints, rtfms, etc. would be much apprecited.

thanks in advance,

daryl