Subject: Re: Crinckled aluminum foil and Sun Optical Mice
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/19/2001 16:31:22
On Mon, 15 Oct 2001, der Mouse wrote:

> > Sun also sells a PC keyboard/mouse conversion box.  I'm currently
> > using one so I can have access to my beloved IBM keyboard on my
> > ultra. :)
>
> Does it work the other way?  I'd love to be able to use a real keyboard
> on my (lone) Inhell box.

You don't need any sort of conversion box, except maybe something to
bump the 5v signals from the keyboard up to 12v if the serial port on
your PC needs it. Oh, but you do need a cable to convert the connector
appropriately. (These are really easy to homebrew.)

The rest is just software: porting the Sun keyboard driver to run over
the PC com port. I kept meaning to do this, but never got around to it.

cjs