Subject: locate.updatedb & Netboot--What, Where, How and sometimes Why
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Derek Warren <acheron303@mac.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/17/2001 05:35:48
Hi all,

I've got my SS20 netbooting from my antiquated FreeBSD box..
everything is fine and dandy with the exception of the locate
command.  Run /usr/libexec/locate.updatedb and the command fails a
few seconds later with no explanation ("locate: updatedb failed").
I've searched the list archives and haven't found any previous
questions that even come close to the problem--am I missing something
dead obvious to others?

I'm still very much a BSD newbie so I've only done the most basic of
sanity checks: /var/tmp is accounted for and I am running
locate.updatedb as root.

Cheers,
Derek
--

   Derek Warren / acheron303@mac.com.nospam.dammit.jim
   http://www.sfu.ca/~dwarrena/  |   http://derek.trideja.com/

   "Mr. Gandhi, what do you think of western civilization?"
   "I think it would be a good idea."