Subject: Re: com0 on JavaStation isn't assigned an interrupt
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/13/2001 16:54:43
On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 13:13:29 +1100, matthew green wrote:

> > > And BTW, I didn't bump the version of the bootblock for this change,
> > > but I think it should be bumped to account for the new prompatch stuff
> > > that you committed.
> >
> > No, prompatch shouldn't affect bootblock version.  prompatch is a
> > moral equivalent of an nvram script.  It's just here in the boot block
> > for convenience (imagine a lab or seti@home farm made of bunch of
> > mr.coffee boxes - you certainly don't want to mess with each and every
> > one to get netbsd booted on it).
>
> i disagree;  bootblock version describes the features set.  you added
> a feature (prompatch) so the version should change.

On the second thought this makes sense...

Well, then we need to be consistent and bump the version on every new
patch added, so that we can say: you have problems with prom version
FOO - use boot block version X.Y that incorporates a patch to that
problem.

So shall I bump the version up to 1.12?

SY, Uwe