Subject: Re: Axil HWS310
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/26/2001 22:50:38
> [C]an someone running netbsd on a sun tell me whats probed right
> after the frame buffer ??

In my experience, that's usually the point at which it cuts over from
using PROM console calls to using its own (RASTERCONSOLE) character
display code.  If you have RASTERCONSOLE in the kernel, you might try a
kernel without it.

In my experience, which admittedly is limited to comparatively old
machines, about all you'll see after the framebuffer is the floppy and
(on some machines) eccmemctl.  Then it drops into the scsibus stuff,
"waiting 2 seconds" and then probing devices.

I'd suggest unplugging the keyboard and trying for serial console; in a
sense, that has fewer things to go wrong.

Unfortunately I've never actually tried an Axil myself, or I might be
able to speak with more assurance. :-(  But given the lack of response
I've seen, this seems to be a near-universal state.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign