Subject: Re: Hardware questions
To: Juergen Hannken-Illjes <hannken@eis.cs.tu-bs.de>
From: Geoff Blake <geoff@palaemon.co.uk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/25/2001 22:11:46
On Sun, 25 Nov 2001, Juergen Hannken-Illjes wrote:

> Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 19:32:02 +0100 (MET)
> From: Juergen Hannken-Illjes <hannken@eis.cs.tu-bs.de>
> To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
> Cc: port-sparc@netbsd.org
> Subject: Re: Hardware questions
>
> The IPC has B/W, we had to buy extra CGSIX to get color off them.
> >
> > > IIRC, IPC and IPX are fitted with a BW video system on the
> > > motherboard,
> >
> > I don't know the IPC.  But my main workhorse machine at home is the
> > IPX, and every one of them I've ever seen has a cg6 on the motherboard,
> > not a B/W anything.

I have a lunch-box sized IPX with a CG6 card installed (in my previous
post I should have said CG6 - sorry) - the LX's that I have are fitted
with CG6 on the motherboard, the IPC's a BW2(?) on the motherboard and
most have SBus CG6's fitted - a bit pointless as without exception
they are used headless :-)

Geoff

--
    Geoff Blake	              Please reply to:		Using Linux on
    Chelmsford		geoff (a) palaemon . co . uk	Intel & NetBSD

    This  E-mail  and any attachment(s) is strictly confidential and is
    intended solely for the  addressee(s). If you are  not the intended
    recipient please notify <postmaster@palaemon.co.uk>  and the sender
    by return and permanently delete the message.You must not disclose,
    forward or copy this E-mail or any attachment(s) to any third party
    without the prior consent of the sender.