Subject: Axil HWS310
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Ritzert <mjr@turbo.su.shuttle.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/25/2001 11:48:09
kerberus writes:
 > okay I see some Axil Sun Clones are capable of running netbsd, Ive got
 > an Axil HWS310, 80 megs, 40Mhz clock, floppy, SCSI, ISDN, Ethernet etc
 > etc etc, its got a rom version of 2.8 if that helps, It came with
 > slowlaris 2.5 on it, and booted it and ran fine, yet i wanted bsd on it

 > bwtwo at sbus0 slot2 offset 0x0 level 9:sunw,501-1561, 1152x900 console
 >
 > it goes baserk!

Ok, what graphics adapter do You run in that box? NetBSD supports only
8 bit adapters, and booting it on a box with any of the 24 bit
adapters, say, the ZX (leo) leads to similar messages.

I remember having seen something similar when i put a ZX into my SS2
netbsd box.

Solaris 2.5, 2.6 and Linux Kernels should boot fine on such boxes.

Michael