Subject: Re: Axil HWS310
To: kerberus <kerberus@microbsd.net>
From: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp@burghcom.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/23/2001 04:19:06
...eh, doesn't sound good.  Might have to try some special kernels with
debugging enabled.  Is there an OpenBoot?  Try :

set-defaults

...just a shot in the dark, of course.  Did you check the mailing list
archives for the machines model #?

-lava

On 22 Nov 2001, kerberus wrote:

> okay I see some Axil Sun Clones are capable of running netbsd, Ive got
> an Axil HWS310, 80 megs, 40Mhz clock, floppy, SCSI, ISDN, Ethernet etc
> etc etc, its got a rom version of 2.8 if that helps, It came with
> slowlaris 2.5 on it, and booted it and ran fine, yet i wanted bsd on it
> so, of course i blew away the solaris partitions, got netbsd disks and
> this is where i sit. i setup to net boot via nfs ( ACK ) so i could
> install, it will do everything rarp, diskparam, tftp mount nfs, start to
> boot kernel, probes alot of things, cpu, mem, scsi card, network card
> yet right after it probes bwtwo.... !
>
> bwtwo at sbus0 slot2 offset 0x0 level 9:sunw,501-1561, 1152x900 console
>
> it goes baserk!
>
> Data Fault:pc=0xF01e6714 addr=0x8a099ACC SFSR=126 <
> PERR=0,LOL=1,AT=1,FT=1,FAV,OW
>
> PANIC KERNEL FAULT
>

> HEEEEELLLLLPPPP! :)
>
> No seriously though, anyone know if it will run on this clone ? does
> anyone have it running ? can anyone help get it running?
>
> by the way i tried 1.5.2
>
> Thanks

--Brian

 ----

"GNU/Linux: About as stable as the elements at the bottom of the periodic
table"