Subject: Re: Question about activating SoftUpdates.
To: Robert Elz , Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@skynet.be>
From: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@lothlorien.nfbcal.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/08/2001 10:42:29
	You know, I have been following this  discussion, and
at some point, I became curious about what fsck does differently when it
encounters a filesystem which was mounted with softdep enabled.  So, I
grepped through the fsck sources from today's -current source tree for
"SOFTDEP", taking my queue from the flag referenced in
/usr/src/usr.sbin/dumpfs/dumpfs.c.  Curiously, there is no reference to
that flag anywhere in the fsck sources.  Is this an omission, or is it not
true that fsck cares whether softdep was enabled?
-Brian