Subject: Re: Question about activating SoftUpdates.
To: None <scanner@jurai.net>
From: Chrischen <cchen@nougat.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/07/2001 17:12:00
On Wed, Nov 07, 2001 at 08:00:25PM -0500, scanner@jurai.net wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Nov 2001, Chrischen wrote:
>
> > So is using a tool like tunefs :)
>
> Actually it's not. And if I have to choose between you knowing more about
> FFS, Softupdates and how it *should* work or Kirk Mckusick I will give you
> 10:1 odds who's implementation idea's I think are right :-)

Hrm, seems to be spinning out of control. "Should", "Right", such heavy-
handed terms!

You aren't choosing between me and Kirk. Put down your gun!

Regardless, perhaps the maintainer of the netbsd ffs/soft updates code
should be contacted directly? I'm sure they have reasons why it was done
this way.

This should be moved to current-users or another list, since it's of a
wider-ranging nature than just this port list.

Unless of course this has become a pissing contest, at which point it should
go away completely. ;)

o-o

--
Chris Chen <cchen@Nougat.ORG>