Subject: Netscape, Mozilla, SOMETHING please
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: None <UberTechnoid@Home.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/01/2001 14:27:46
I've installed versions of Mozilla from.6 to 9.4 on my Netbsd Sparcstation
4/330 to no avail.

I've been trying since Netbsd version 1.4.1 to get a decent browser
running and allways get the same error with Moz.  Segmentation fault after
a little churning.

Compat for Solaris would be nice, but the docs aren't very clear and say
that libs from Sunos are required whereas all I have are Solaris 2.4 and
2.6.  Solaris 2.4 is the last version supporting my Sun4 architecture
machine.

I've even gone to PKGSRC and Compiled Mozilla which as you can imagine
took a full day to do on this box.

Amaya and Mosaic work ok for what they are, but even my Vax's Netscape
3.03 is WAY nicer. I've taken to running the vax's browser and displaying
it on my Sparc, but that isn't a very pretty solution to me. 3.03 is the
latest version of Netscape for VMS/Vax and 4.7x is latest for solaris.
Which would you chose?

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Regards,

Jeff