Subject: SMP / SPARCstation 10 / audio
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: None <chris@dejection.org.uk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/31/2001 13:05:08
Hi,

I've just "aquired" a dual-SM61 equipped SPARCstation 10 and was going to use
it as a workstation.  I assume normal NetBSD should work fine using just one
CPU for the moment.

Any ideas if this SS10/SM61 would compare speed-wise to a 170MHz Sparc 5 as a
workstation at all?  Another thing, is SMP... any status updates/progress on
this anywhere?

Also, on the audio on SPARCstation 10 workstations.  According to the hardware
list it doesnt work, but the DBRI chip handles the audio normally.  Is it
possible to hack / rewrite the Linux DBRI driver for this at all in anyone's
knowledge?  If so is anyone working on it?

Thanks,

- Chris.

This mail sent through the IMP demo site: demo.horde.org
     Find out more at http://www.horde.org/imp/