Subject: cgthree and DPMS on Sun GDM17e10
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Simon Kagstrom <simon.kagstrom.864@student.lu.se>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/28/2001 13:11:25
Hello!

(I sent a similar mail to the list about a month ago but used the
wrong reply-to address - so I'll try again).

I have a SPARCClassic on which I run NetBSD 1.5.1 and use as an
X-terminal. It works very well, but I have one problem. The display
never enters power saving mode. When running the linux xset, xset q
tells me that the server doesn't have the DPMS extension. If I run the
netbsd version, xset q doesn't display anything about power saving.

Is it possible to have Xsun use the DPMS extension for this kind of
hardware (it uses a SUN/Sony GDM17e10 monitor which has a power saving
mode)? Is a rebuild of X nessessary to get dpms support? I'm new to
NetBSD, but it looks very promising indeed.

--
// Simon