Subject: Re: Darn type4 keyboard.
To: None <UberTechnoid@Home.com>
From: Brian Seklecki <lavalamp@burghcom.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/28/2001 01:21:29
On Thu, 25 Oct 2001 UberTechnoid@Home.com wrote:

> How do I make the rest of the keys on my type4 keyboard do something other

In windowmaker (or any modern window manager), you can assign them
functions.  I assign my "help" key to run a command: "xscreensaver-command
-lock", then I assign all the useless keys down the left to open up ATERMs
shaded different colors.  Getting people (Netscape, GNOME, even xedit) to
write software that actually understands those codes would be an exercise
in futility.

They don't even work in SunOS w/ CDE or OpenLook.

-lava