Subject: NetBSD 1.5.2 x SparcStation 20
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Rodolfo Broco Manin <rodolfo@fea.unicamp.br>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/25/2001 01:29:55
Hi, all!!

I'm trying to install NetBSD 1.5.2 on my SparcStation 20.  I got the
ISO image and all, but the system doesn't boot from CD-ROM (OpenBoot
says something like "unable to read media label").

Using the two-floppies procedure, it boots, but, when reading the 2nd
floppy, it shows a error message and a "tar-related" prompt, asking for
a filename.  Choosing the CD-ROM as installation media after the floppy
boot, it says - again - a error message about the media.

... but it all runs Ok with my SparcStation 5: It boots from the (same)
CD, or via boot floppies with no problems!

The SS20 is "full-standard": CD at SCSI ID 6, HD at ID 3, OpenBoot 2.22
with all env variables with its default values.  I'll try to install
via 'miniroot', but... does somebody have a similar expecience, to say
me if the system will be stable once (if :) ) the installation was
done? (is it a kind of SparcStation20-only problem? :) )

Tnks!!!!
Ciao!

--
Rodolfo Broco Manin - Engenharia de Computacao - 1997
Faculdade de Engenharia de Alimentos