Subject: Re: Sun3/50 remote boot
To: Louis Sabet <louis@webtedium.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/23/2001 21:54:33

Yes. but you'd better ask to port-sun3@netbsd.org :)

> Question2: Can I remote boot it by running a tftp server on an MS
> machine?

Never tried it. Note that you'll also need rpc.bootparamd and NFS.
I don't know if there are services for all this on windows.

> Question3: Will it be powerful enough to run X, as well as working as a
> basic Sendmail/Pop3 server for 3 users (I don't know how much RAM is in
> this thing, but is processor speed an issue assuming there's enough
> RAM)?

Probably 4M. These machines were sold in fixed configuration, and there
was no way to add RAM from Sun. There was third-party RAM upgrade available,
though. I think it was by removing the RAM chips from the motherboard and
pluggin in a dauther board in place.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>