Subject: Sun3/50 remote boot
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Louis Sabet <louis@webtedium.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/23/2001 20:10:47
Hi,

A question for y'all:

I have a Sun3/50 on its way with no HD, and a nice 19" mono monitor. It
would be perfect as an X-workstation apart from one minor detail...

I know nothing about Sun computers...

So:

Question1: Will Netbsd work on this system?
Question2: Can I remote boot it by running a tftp server on an MS
machine?
Question3: Will it be powerful enough to run X, as well as working as a
basic Sendmail/Pop3 server for 3 users (I don't know how much RAM is in
this thing, but is processor speed an issue assuming there's enough
RAM)?

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,

Louis

--
Your mouse has moved. Your computer must be restarted for these changes
to take effect.