Subject: DNS Gurus: Assistance needed!
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Bruce Lane <kyrrin@bluefeathertech.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/20/2001 00:57:45
Fellow port-SPARC'ers,

         I've dug around all over the web. Either I'm looking in the wrong
place(s), or the answer to my question is so obvious that no one has
bothered to write it up.

         My setup: NetBSD 1.5.1 on SPARC IPC's (a pair) as my primary and
secondary DNS. BIND version is 8.2.3 if I recall correctly.

         My situation: I have my primary domain (bluefeathertech.com) set
up just fine. Everything works great. The issue is that I also own two
other domains, bluefeathertech.net and bluefeathertech.org, that I want my
DNS boxes to become authoritative for.

         My dilemma: How the FRELL do I tweak my zone files to (1), become
authoritative for both my other domains; (2), forward any requests for
www.bluefeathertech.net or www.bluefeathertech.org to
www.bluefeathertech.com, and (3); Do so without stretching my sanity to the
breaking point?

         Copies of my current zone files available on request. Thanks much.

Bruce Lane, Owner and head honcho, Blue Feather Technologies
<http://www.bluefeathertech.com>http://www.bluefeathertech.com  // E-mail:
kyrrin@bluefeathertech.com
Amateur Radio: KC7GR, active since 12-77 (Extra class as of June-2K)
"I'll get a life when someone demonstrates to me that it would be
superior to what I have now..." (Gym Z. Quirk, aka Taki Kogoma).