Subject: Re: PPP server + windos client
To: None <UberTechnoid@Home.com>
From: Brandon D. Valentine <bandix@looksharp.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/15/2001 10:21:21
On Mon, 15 Oct 2001 UberTechnoid@Home.com wrote:

>Lacking a PCMCIA nic for my recently aquired toshiba notebook I thought
>I'd use PPPD.

PPPD is extreme overkill.  Use SLIP, it's designed for hardwired serial
links as opposed to PPP which is designed for dialup.  See this entry in
the NetBSD guide to see how easy it is to setup.

http://www.mclink.it/personal/MG2508/nbsdeng/chap-net.html#AEN2353

All you need is a null modem cable and two commands on each machine.

BTW, you do know this is port-sparc don't you?

--
"Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today.  There might be a
law against it by that time."	-- /usr/games/fortune, 07/30/2001

Brandon D. Valentine <bandix at looksharp.net>