Subject: Re: Fw: blinking lights and video artifacts
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/15/2001 01:39:58
>>> I have also noticed that some of the hosts [...] had problems
>>> leaving artifacts on the screen (console) [...]
>> I have seen this, but only with RASTERCONSOLE on a bwtwo.  Are you
>> using RASTERCONSOLE and are you using a bwtwo?
> IIRC, the IPC's are bwtwo's.

I'd check, but I don't think I have an IPC.

In my case, I'm certain that it's a NetBSD bug, because I use not only
RASTERCONSOLE but FONT_FIXED6x13, so normal console output is trivially
distinguishable from ROM output.

>> I keep meaning to track it down and fix it, [...]
> In *my* case, it's not irritating at all -- since running with a
> monitor attached is not the way I use the boxes.  Just a query to see
> if I *should* dig further...

Well, if it's still present, it needs fixing, whether or not it
irritates _you_. :-)

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign