Subject: Re: Sun SBus QFE supported during port/sparc install?
To: Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@skynet.be>
From: Eric Schnoebelen <eric@cirr.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/11/2001 14:22:33
Brad Knowles writes:
- 	The onboard ethernet interface has only AUI, not UTP, and I
- don't have a transceiver.  So, I figured I'd check to see if the Sun
- SBuse QFE was supported, and it does appear to be on the list.
-
- 	However, from what I can tell, the QFE is not supported
- during the install process, at least not for NetBSD 1.5.2 -- it only
- seems to recognize the on-board Lance ethernet controller.  Is there
- any way I can fix this problem, perhaps by getting a modified
- kernel/boot floppy image?

	From my digging around in sys/arch/sparc/conf, I can't
find a reference to qef* in either 1.5.2 or -current.  I did
find reference to qec*  devices, with be* and qe* devices behind
it, but those are in the INSTALL kernel as well.

	Hopefully, someone will show that I'm wrong, and correct
me.

--
Eric Schnoebelen		eric@cirr.com		http://www.cirr.com
  "Just Remember, no matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzai