Subject: Re: port-sparc/14180: random segfault on IPC with -current
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Ben Cottrell <tamino@wolfhut.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/09/2001 02:48:13
On Mon, 8 Oct 2001 00:21:28 +0900 (JST), Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
> Does anyone else see these random coredumps?
>
> My SS1+ has been annoyed by this problem since I updated the kernel
> from 1.5_ALPHA to 1.5K (or 1.5L). 1.5-release kernel had no problem.
> I tried to track this problem for long time, but got no clue..

I am running 1.5-release on my sparc 20 with zero problems. However,
for a period of a day or so I was running the 1.5-release userland
with the -current kernel as of september 9. I never tried upgrading
my userland, so this could just be a kernel/userland mismatch...
but... during the time I was running the -current kernel, nfsd kept
dying. It would run for a bit and then stop (I don't know if it was
segfaulting or not).

Not sure how useful of a data point that is, but oh well :-)

	~Ben