Subject: Re: SCSI 3 disks on SPARCstation 10
To: RJ45 <rj45@slacknet.com>
From: Grant Beattie <grant@grunta.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/06/2001 08:49:59
On Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 12:49:58PM -0600, RJ45 wrote:

> Is it possible to add a SCSI disk inside a SPARC 10 ?
> I could add a SCSI 3 disk inside a VAXstation 4000/90 a machine from 1992
> early 1993 and with a 50 to 68 pin adapter it worked!
> In general should I have troubles adding SCSI devices to a sparc 10 ??

The only problem you might have is physical space - the SCSI connectors
in the ss10 aren't standard ribbon/IDC connector, it's a piece of
solid plastic with an IDC connector on it, so there may not be a lot
of flexibility to move it around, though I've not had to do it.

The mounting assembly is kinda odd too :-)

> There is any PROM limitation about the SCSI disk size allowed ??

Not that I'm aware of. Old(er) boxes with 18/36gig disks have "just
worked" in my experience.

g.