Subject: Re: turning off TFT on voyager
To: Louis Sabet <louis@webtedium.com>
From: Dale Ghent <daleg@elemental.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/01/2001 14:19:23
On Mon, 1 Oct 2001, Louis Sabet wrote:

| I remember under OpenWindows on the original Solaris 2.4 OS, power
| management would kick in and turn off the display after a while. I
| didn't set it up originally, so I don't know if that was an add-on
| package.

In Xwindows, this can be done through xset.

xset s blank   # set the xserver to blank the screen.
xset s 1       # 1-second timeout to blank the screen.

I remember in the old SunOS 4.x days, there was a program called
screen-blank or somesuch that would also blank the console after a certain
amount of time. This seems to have disappeared with Solaris. Perhaps you
could use that under binary-compat, or find something equivalent.

/dale