Subject: vnc?
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Louis Sabet <louis@webtedium.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/29/2001 11:01:22
Hi,

Has anyone managed to compile vnc for the sparc port?

I'm running 1.5.1, and it failed running make. Just wondering if anyone
has had any success.

I'm new to this whole porting thing, and haven't much experience of
netBSD either (although I have been using openbsd/i386 for a while).

Can someone explain to me if the following is possible:

Run 1.5.1 on my sparcstation voyager (i've managed to get this far!)
Compile and install vnc server and viewer
compile and install windowmaker or blackbox (or another similar window
manager

I do a lot of remote administration from home, and this is the nicest
machine I have come across for working on over long periods of time (TFT
display is nice and crisp, and obviously doesn't flicker). So I'd like
to use it as a workstation with a decent window manager, and also
possibly gain access to it using VNC when I'm not at home (although
that's more of a nicety.)

Thanks,

Your mouse has moved. Your computer must be restarted for these changes
to take effect.
R)eboot   (C)ancel