Subject: Re: Anyone using a sun4 vme currently with NetBSD?
To: Michael Thompson <m_thompson@ids.net>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/28/2001 14:29:16
On Fri, 28 Sep 2001, Michael Thompson wrote:

> I tried the 4/460 again last night. I booted SunOS and was surprised to see
> that it configured a Sun2 SCSI controller not a Sun3 SCSI controller.

	That is the 'sc' rather than the 'si'? I believe Matthew Fredette
	has an sc driver working on the sun2 port.

> I swapped the SCSI controller to a Sun3 SCSI and now NetBSD 1.5.2 sees the
> disks and tape. It also sees the VME/Multibus second Ethernet board.
>
> It still gets tons of DMA underruns on the Ethernet controller that is on
> the CPU board.
>
> During the first two phases of the net boot it does not get a single DMA
> underrun. It gets lots of DMA underruns when the kernel tries to mount the
> root directory.

	Do you get the same overruns on the second ethernet board? Do they
	both have the same number/size buffers reported in dmesg?

	What card is in the NFS server - could you try adjusting the nfs
	mount parameters to use a 1K r/w blocksize?

--
		David/absolute		-- www.netbsd.org: No hype required --