Subject: Re: Anyone using a sun4 vme currently with NetBSD?
To: Jeff Hauser <jhauser@jeffco.k12.co.us>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/26/2001 16:10:03
> I've got a similar problem, watchdog resets and stuff.  Anyone
> know where to get an ISO image of the older versions that work?

HEE hee.... Iso's don't exist for the old bits earlier than 1.5.

I have just been writing a collection of sparc bits from 1.0 through
current, for testing tonight.  If anyone wants that iso image, let
me know.  I will keep it around for a few days.  It is NOT bootable,
so you need to boot elsewise.  But, it has 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.2.1, 1.3.3,
1.4, 1.4.2, 1.5, 1.5.2, and the current archive snap binaries.

Mostly on the older boxes, you have to load SunOS, and then do the
dd miniroot to swap thingy.  Tape booting does not work well on early
NetBSD's either.... or at least it never has in my hands.  But, I will
see if the latest current snap will load on the old 4100 cpu and mebbie
that will work.  Else, 1.3.3 is the latest that locks and loads.

Depending upon what the current snap does, mebbie, if there is enough
of us having and ancient VME interest, we might can collectively fix
things right.

If things go well, tonight, I will run up both a 4100 and a 4300 series
cpu, and report back what works and doesn't, and try to keep track of
crashdumps, etc.

Keeping fingers crossed..... rubbing rabbit's foote..... tossing salt
over the left shoulder.... etc.....(:+}}...

Thanks

Bob