Subject: Re: Sparcstation Voyager
To: linc <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: DP <dp@recycled.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/26/2001 09:35:13
NetBSD runs just fine on the Voyager, although the stock mouse it came with
doesn't work very well -- replace it with a newer Compact 1 mouse and it'll
be fine.

Other than that, the ISDN and sound aren't supported, and the PCMCIA has a
driver that at least attaches but I don't think is very robust beyond that.

The display is 1024x768, driven by a cgsix, so that's supported just fine.

The biggest problem with the Voyager is that it's Sun's bastard child, and
there's no support and very limited availability of spare parts for it
should anything break. Good luck finding memory for it, for example. :-)

Dan