Subject: Re: 2nd floppy problems
To: Graham Matthew Stewart <umstewa9@cc.UManitoba.CA>
From: Ian Fry <Ian.Fry@sophos.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/26/2001 10:13:32
On Tue, Sep 25, 2001 at 06:17:30PM -0500, Graham Matthew Stewart wrote:
> I am trying to install netbsd 1.5.2 on a ss2 using a serial console.
> The first disk boots fine, displays a message asking what media to use,
> option 3 being floppy.  At this point, no matter what alpha numeric
> character I type nothing happens.  There is no difference if I switch to
> the 2nd floppy before or after I type anything.  The only response I can
> get is if I hit a non-alpha numeric key, in which case, a message is
> printed that keycode 0xwhatever is not a recognized option etc.

What terminal program are you using for the serial console? I had exactly the
same problem when I tried setting up my Sparc IPC recently when I was using
'tip' - I had to use Ctrl-J as the newline character, and even that didn't
get me all the way through the installation. In the end I switched to using
Kermit, and everything was fine after that.

Ian.