Subject: RE: no carrier on le0
To: Deja User <rgephart@my-deja.com>
From: Julian C. Dunn <jdunn@aquezada.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/24/2001 00:20:23
On 24-Sep-2001 Deja User wrote:
> I have reconfigured the system so that le0 will be the gateway to the
> internet and hme0 is on the internal network, yet I am having problems with
> le0 responding "lost carrier on UTP port switching to AUI port" and vice
> versa until it gives up. I have occassionally had success in getting the port
> to operate, but not much and when it did work I had no idea how I fixed it.

Did you try to set "media" parameter for ifconfig to the correct value? I
played with a lunchbox Sparc a while ago, and had similar problems, but
specifying this value seemed to fix things.

HTH,
Julian

[      Julian C. Dunn <jdunn@aquezada.com> * <julian@dreaming.org>       ]
[     WWW: http://www.aquezada.com/staff/julian/  * PGP: 0xFDC205B9      ]
[ "and out of your mouth comes a stream of cliches/ but i have given you ]
[   so much rope you should have been hanging for days" -- aimee mann    ]