Subject: Re: Fun with Javastations
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/24/2001 03:38:30
On Sun, Sep 23, 2001 at 15:56:35 -0500, Tony Mantler wrote:

> >By default prom in krups
> >will try to boot from the flash first.  If you have a keyboard plugged
> >in, you can press Ctrl-Alt-t (to "T"oggle boot order) and Krups will
> >try network first.
>
> That doesn't seem to have much effect. It still flips into the screensaver
> before poking around for DHCP. In what part of the boot sequence should
> ctrl-alt-t be pressed, and what is the indication that the boot order has
> been toggled?

Press Ctrl-Alt-t before power on and hold them untill Java Cup logo
appears (you'll see <...> under the logo when it tries to boot from
the net IIRC).  I've just taken off the SIMM out of the box I work
with.

I'm not sure but to get to the prom prompt you might also need to set
J1300 1-2 jumper to IN as well.

SY, Uwe