Subject: no carrier on le0
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Deja User <rgephart@my-deja.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/23/2001 21:10:45
I have been running NetBSD 1.5.1 on a Sparc Classic (Sun 4m) for a couple of months and I have decided to convert the machine into a firewall router.

I have the original le0 (Lance Ethernet) built in port. I also have an SBus hme0. I have been using the hme0 exclusively up until now.

I have reconfigured the system so that le0 will be the gateway to the internet and hme0 is on the internal network, yet I am having problems with le0 responding "lost carrier on UTP port switching to AUI port" and vice versa until it gives up. I have occassionally had success in getting the port to operate, but not much and when it did work I had no idea how I fixed it.

The link light on the oppoing hardware (cable modem) is seeing a valid connection. I have also had problems reversing the set-up with le0 on the internal network and not having a carrier.

I just wanted someone else to tell me the same thing that I am worried about, that le0 is toast.

Thanks,

Rob

--== Sent via Deja.com ==--
http://www.deja.com/