Subject: Fun with Javastations
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Tony Mantler <nicoya@apia.dhs.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/23/2001 11:48:00
So, I've got myself a few javastations here, upon which I intend to run NetBSD.

Unfortunatley, I'm running into a bit of trouble with them.

Firstly, after a bit of figurin', I've got my first Mr Coffee (2.x prom) to
boot the 1.5.2 kernel from kern.tgz... Except the keyboard doesn't work. It
just sits there unresponsive at the single user 'hit return for sh' thing.

Is the keyboard supported on the Mr Coffee model?

Next, I've got my first Krups model, with the pesky 3.11.7 prom. It never
manages to get past the DHCP stage.

My lun1x box is acting as the DHCP server, with the ISC dhcp server version
2.0pl5 (debian package 2.0pl5-6) and a happy-fun kernel 2.4.9. It sees the
DISCOVER, sends out the OFFER, and then... nothing.

I've scrounged through the ML archives and it seems other people have had
this problem, and have been able to fix it, but nowhere could I find what
the actual fix is!

Oh well, at least the Krups has a nice screensaver to watch while it's
failing to boot.

Cheers - Tony 'Nicoya' Mantler :)

--
Tony "Nicoya" Mantler - Renaissance Nerd Extraordinaire - nicoya@apia.dhs.org