Subject: Re: sysinst/sparc problem...
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org, tech-install@netbsd.org,>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/23/2001 14:32:02
In article <20010922214645.473BB147806@titan.yunau.com> you wrote:
> I am using a Sun SparcStation Voyager with 16mb of RAM.
> When using sysinst, during the newfs, I get sysinst: out of swap...
> She dies, drops me to an openboot prompt.

I thought this was in MI code, but it seems it isn't:
The i386 version of sysinst does add the swap partition as swap space
after labeling the disk, from distrib/utils/sysinst/arch/i386/md.:

	int
	md_post_disklabel(void)
	{
        	if (rammb <= 32)
                	set_swap(diskdev, bsdlabel, 1);

I wonder if this shouldn't go to the MI code (install.c, before
md_post_disklabel() is called)?

 - Hubert

* Basics -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/05/24/ipv6_tutorial.html
* Setup  -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/06/01/ipv6_tutorial.html