Subject: sparcstation voyager power management
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Louis Sabet <louis@webtedium.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/23/2001 09:38:40
Hi all,

Firstly thanks for your help in getting my series 1 mouse working on my
voyager.
Secondly, I'd like to use this machine as a development HTTPD server,
and a web-proxy/squid server.

I'm not sure if this is viable, as this machine is obviously intended
for portable, short-term use, and my experience of using "portable
workstations" (be they notebooks, or other portable computers with
TFT/non-CRT screens), is that they tend to die after a few months of
being on constantly.

Does anyone know whether it's safe to leave it on 24hours a day?

If so, how can I set up power management so that after 15 minutes, the
TFT screen powers down (as this is bound to die if left on for a long
period of time), but the hard-disk and all other essentials remain
powered up?

Many thanks,

Louis

--
Your mouse has moved. Windows must be restarted for these changes to
take effect.