Subject: Stackghost in OpenBSD: buffer overflow protection
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Darren Reed <avalon@cairo.anu.edu.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/21/2001 16:15:43
At Usenix security symposium, one of the OpenBSD hacks (without a sense of
humour, I might add) presented a paper on buffer overflow protection by
hijacking register window changes.  The home page for the work done on this
can be found at:

http://stackghost.cerias.purdue.edu

Aside from Casper Dik telling the guy how register windows worked during
question time, it seems like a generally good idea.  Does one of the sparc
gurus here want to review for adoption in NetBSD ?  I'd have a go at it
but it is messing with stuff that I know others are better prepared to
deal with.

Darren