Subject: Re: root on raidframe
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@lothlorien.nfbcal.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/18/2001 13:42:11
	Probably in the boot program ofwboot installed with installboot.
-Brian

On Sep 19,  7:19am, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
} Subject: root on raidframe
} Hi,
} I've build a machine with raid-1 disks for root. But the default mechanism
} to find the root device fails: although the raid devices are autoconfigured
} at the end of autoconfig, and raid0 is set as
} Root partition: Yes
} the kernel stills offers sd0a or sd1a as root partition (depending on the
} boot disk). Of course I can boot -a and say 'raid0a' for root.
}
} So it seems that raidframe's idea of the root partition is overwritten
} somewhere. Any idea where to start looking ?
}
} --
} Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
} --